The GMS Rowing Center is a rowing club located on the waters of Lake Lillinonah, in New Milford, CT. The sizable 12 mile very well protected lake allows for long-distance rowing with minimal turning. A 4000 sq. ft converted Barn with weight room and erg/cardio room, good selection of Club boats, protected dock and launch area, as well as ample parking complete the potential and flair of this inviting Rowing center.
The miles upon miles of protected water and beautiful scenery provide a perfect venue for all rowers:
- Novices and Learn to Row LTR just getting acquainted with this fast growing sport
- Recreational rowers
- Junior Rowers Age 13 – 19
- College rowers home for the summer
- Adults (Master’s Competitive Program)
- Elite competitors
This tranquil setting is ideal for:
- Focusing on technique
- Conditioning in preparation for races
- National Team aspirations
- The sheer enjoyment of the sport
- All rowers must adhere to the launching and docking patterns
- All rowers must stay to the starboard side of the river/lake and avoid being in the center of the water.
- All rowers must wear brightly vests/T-shirts (please note that red colors can’t be easily seen).
- Lights must be used as light fades or when it’s dark.
- All rowers must sign in and out using the log book in the Boat House.
- Please check the flow of the water on waterdata.usgs.gov Housatonic river at Gaylordsville, CT. If the flow is over 3000 do not go through the gorge.
- If the wind is over 10mph from the south we advise no rowing for singles.